Life Mapping #2, Donation to Scrabble Night fundraiser
for Our Lady of Perpetual Food Pantry (my husband was the chair)
Well, there goes another year! Wow!
Happy New Year!
My 2010 in review...
Various jobs this year:
* The usual inspirational speaking
* Babysitting here and there
* Worked at an upscale children's clothing boutique from January-August
* Passed the 6 year No Evidence of Cancer Anniversary on May 19th!
* Got my port removed after having it for 8 years!
* No other major new complaints...just the usual pain and fatigue, etc. but it's manageable!
*Graduated with my BA in Studio Art, Art Therapy and Minor in Psychology (only 8 years in the making...)...learned about printmaking, welding, papermaking, etc.
*Participated in the BA Final Show as part of graduation
*Was accepted and started grad school this fall for Counseling and Art Therapy and have been working with 3-5 year old children from the Head Start program as my first year practicum
Some of the Speaking, Teaching, Volunteer and Other Opportunities:
* Speech at St. John Vianney High School on Blessed Chaminade's Feast Day
* Speech at Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center's 2010 Celebration of Cancer Survivorship
* Documentation and testimonies were taken in St. Louis and sent to the Vatican for the possible canonization of Blessed William Joseph Chaminade in regards to my miraculous cancer recovery
* Designed and helped create a large mural in a tunnel at Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital
* Taught an art class to children at hospital where I was treated
* Modeled in the Friends of Kids with Cancer fashion show as a survivor
* Various work with the American Pain Foundation as a PCAC member
There were 2 new nieces and 1 nephew and 2 new cousins' daughters born this year!
Trips: Columbia, MO; Nashville, TN; Philadelphia, PA; Princeton/Evansville, IN
Thankful for: the love and support of friends, family and God and endless blessings.
Looking forward to 2011...