|Mandala Fall 2011|
Year in Review...
Various jobs this year:
* Commissioned art
* Passed the 7 year mark of No Evidence of Cancer Anniversary on May 19th, 10 years since my stem cell transplant and 13 years since diagnosis!
* Had a clear brain MRI following numbness and twitching in my face along with neck pain...and a clear chest ultrasound (have to watch for other types of cancer because of the major radiation in that area!)
* No other major new complaints...just the usual pain, fatigue and occasional numbness, etc. but status quo.
* Am officially halfway through my Masters in Counseling and Art Therapy program...woohoo!
* Practicums: Head Start in the spring, a treatment facility for people with eating disorders this summer and spring (fantastic supervision and experience)!
Some of the Speaking, Teaching, Volunteer and Other Opportunities:
* Awarded the Distinguished Alumni Award from my grade school :)
* Spoke twice at my old grade school to the students
* Spoke on Long Island, NY to a couple of high schools and a grade school
* Spoke at a local junior high/high school
* Spoke in Washington, D.C. at the American Art Therapy Association Annual Conference (amazing experience!)
* Spoke in Indianapolis for an event for the Matthew Debono Scholarship Fund
* Spoke in Madrid, Spain during the World Youth Day activities
* Spoke at an American Public Works Association event
* Spoke with Mitch Albom (author of Tuesdays with Morrie, etc.) at a Young Presidents' Organization event (Awesome!)
* Taught an art class to children at the hospital where I was treated
* Various work with the American Pain Foundation as a PCAC member (did not renew my position after my 3-year term was up this fall)
There was a new nephew/Godson in the family and my brother got engaged and officially became a pharmacist (congrats!!). I was fortunate to get a new car (after driving the other one for 11 years!). A couple cousins and a couple friends got married...good times! The company that my husband co-founded, Lockerdome, is doing really well and I'm so proud of him and his hard work!
Trips: Columbia, MO; Long Island, NY; Washington, D. C.; Indianapolis, IN; Paris, Bordeaux, Perigueux, Lourdes, France; Zaragoza, Madrid, El Escorial, Toledo, Santiago de Compostela, Spain; Fatima, Lisbon, Portugal
Thankful for: the love and support of friends, family and God and endless blessings.
Looking forward to all the exciting things that are brewing for 2012...