|Mandala Fall 2011|
Year in Review...
Various jobs this year:
* Commissioned art
* Passed the 7 year mark of No Evidence of Cancer Anniversary on May 19th, 10 years since my stem cell transplant and 13 years since diagnosis!
* Had a clear brain MRI following numbness and twitching in my face along with neck pain...and a clear chest ultrasound (have to watch for other types of cancer because of the major radiation in that area!)
* No other major new complaints...just the usual pain, fatigue and occasional numbness, etc. but status quo.
* Am officially halfway through my Masters in Counseling and Art Therapy program...woohoo!
* Practicums: Head Start in the spring, a treatment facility for people with eating disorders this summer and spring (fantastic supervision and experience)!
Some of the Speaking, Teaching, Volunteer and Other Opportunities:
* Awarded the Distinguished Alumni Award from my grade school :)
* Spoke twice at my old grade school to the students
* Spoke on Long Island, NY to a couple of high schools and a grade school
* Spoke at a local junior high/high school
* Spoke in Washington, D.C. at the American Art Therapy Association Annual Conference (amazing experience!)
* Spoke in Indianapolis for an event for the Matthew Debono Scholarship Fund
* Spoke in Madrid, Spain during the World Youth Day activities
* Spoke at an American Public Works Association event
* Spoke with Mitch Albom (author of Tuesdays with Morrie, etc.) at a Young Presidents' Organization event (Awesome!)
* Taught an art class to children at the hospital where I was treated
* Various work with the American Pain Foundation as a PCAC member (did not renew my position after my 3-year term was up this fall)
There was a new nephew/Godson in the family and my brother got engaged and officially became a pharmacist (congrats!!). I was fortunate to get a new car (after driving the other one for 11 years!). A couple cousins and a couple friends got married...good times! The company that my husband co-founded, Lockerdome, is doing really well and I'm so proud of him and his hard work!
Trips: Columbia, MO; Long Island, NY; Washington, D. C.; Indianapolis, IN; Paris, Bordeaux, Perigueux, Lourdes, France; Zaragoza, Madrid, El Escorial, Toledo, Santiago de Compostela, Spain; Fatima, Lisbon, Portugal
Thankful for: the love and support of friends, family and God and endless blessings.
Looking forward to all the exciting things that are brewing for 2012...
Happy New Year! I look forward to following you in 2012.
PLEASE PRAY for my husband, Paul. He was just diagnosed with metastatic renal cell carcinoma - kidney cancer that has spread. the medical world offers little hope for treatment and no hope of a cure. We have 5 children. The youngest is only 13. We have 5 grandchildren and 2 more on the way. we pray Our Lady's rosary daily and have great faith in Our Merciful Jesus. We live in SW Indiana and are traveling to MD Anderson Hosp. in Houston on Mon., Jan. 9, 2012. I'm scared to death one minute and filled with confidence that God will heal him the next. Please ask all you know for emergency prayers...he is failing fast and the cancer cells are very fast-growing and aggressive. Jesus, I DO trust in You. Tracy Burch
Tracy-I will keep your family in my prayers.
I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
Cancer Treatment Guide
Thanks Susan. I appreciate hearing from you!
Post a Comment